Thursday, August 20, 2009

CIS 100 - Shift Happens Video Response

In response to this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHhVWCXmuzE I was asked
"What is your impression of the video's content and how do you think it will affect you?"

The video gives a lot to think about. It seems like as soon as we hit the 21st century, technology has been advancing faster than we can adapt. We need to start planning ahead by teaching our children as early as possible how to live in this new world. The only way for us to do that is to be aware ourselves, and learn as much as we can about new technology as it develops, and by encouraging our educators to use this new technology in the classroom.
Hearing this new perspective, I'm more aware that learning as much as possible about, say, computers is incredibly important. How many jobs require me to be computer literate? How many professions are completely based on computer knowledge? And what about my children? They'll be required to know even more about computers and technology than I am, since technology is developing at an exponential rate.
Honestly, I started using computers in Kindergarten. But this video has given me a new respect for this class. It's obvious it's a required course- it will help me in the future, which is the entire purpose of my attending college.

No comments:

Post a Comment