Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Digital Native

I am a digital native. I use my laptop, smart phone and iPod every day. I began using computers in Kindergarten at school and got my own computer at home when I was in fourth grade. I have grown up as technology has developed and I wouldn't know what to do without my technological gadgets.

Education is moving in the right direction as far as adjusting for this younger generation. Many college degrees can be completed entirely online, without the students ever having to step into a classroom. Even in high school, English papers have to be typed and printed from a computer, after those assignments have been researched on databases online. Many schools all over the country require teachers to use technology as part of the learning process, like showing videos, and using smartboards.

If leaders in education continue to realize the gap in generations, education will appropriately adjust.

No comments:

Post a Comment